As part of our post-16 education provision, students get the opportunity to study a full time college education programme in the unique setting of a professional football club.
We offer BTEC Level 2 and 3 in Sports coaching, Fitness and Development, with the Level 3 extended diploma being equivalent to 3 a-levels.
Last academic year, we had 48 students enrolled to our courses. The 48 students completed the year with 100% Achievement on BTEC, with 94% reaching their targeted grades.
There are two pathways for students to follow alongside their education programme
- Train and compete like a professional footballer
- Futsal and Football Training 3 times a week
- Games programme every Wednesday in either the North West Futsal Development league or in the form of 11-a side fixtures against other professional football clubs
- Opportunities to attend international training camps
- Opens the door to a career in sport
Sports Coaching Academy:
- Coaching workshops with our qualified and experienced coaching mentors to learn and improve skills required to be an elite sports coach
- Gain up to FIVE FREE coaching qualifications across the two academic years
- Regular work placements within local schools and community settings to enhance employability skills
- Opportunity for international coaching placements
- Opens the door to a career in coaching/teaching in sport
We are now recruiting for BTEC Level 2 and 3 courses, for more information please contact the Community Trust or follow the link below.