|Job title||Health Officer||Department||Blackpool FC Community Trust|
|Head of Sport||Salary||Band 2 – (S.C.P. 5-8) £18,231 – £21,105|
|Closing date||5pm. Friday 20th April 2018||Interview date||Monday 30th April 2018|
|How to apply
|Please forward a covering letter and CV detailing how you meet the person specification, to email@example.com or post it to: Blackpool FC Community Trust, F.A.O. Jason White, Head of Sport, Bloomfield Road Stadium, Seasiders Way, Blackpool. FY1 6JJ.
This job will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS procedures.
|Purpose of role
|The successful candidate will join the very successful health team at Blackpool FC Community Trust and deliver specific areas of the Fit2Go health initiative in Blackpool.
The post holder will coordinate and deliver the Community Trust’s Family Fit2Go, Better Start Fit2Go and FitFans programmes.
The Family Fit2Go project works with local schools, community groups and the wider community to engage parents/carers and their children in a project focused on sharing information on how the whole household can live a healthy lifestyle, whilst the Better Start Fit2Go project focuses on seven key wards in Blackpool to work with parents and their children (aged between 1-4 years of age) to give them the best and healthiest start to life.
The post holder will also work closely on the Community Trust’s new offer of weight management and healthy activities for adults, as part of the new FitFans project.
· Coordinate and deliver physical activity in the local community to get people more active and involved in regular sporting and health related activities.
· Deliver a range of healthy lifestyle workshops to local residents from different backgrounds and age groups.
· Work with Blackpool Better Start and Children in Need to engage children and their families aged 1-4 years old in healthy activity and workshops.
· Work with local families to support hem to live healthy lives.
· To support the preparation of reports on all activities and document progress against KPIs for line manager, Trustees, and funding partners.
· To ensure monitoring and evaluations of all Physical Activity and Health projects is on track and up to date.
· Design, manage and evaluate projects and maintain strong relationships with partner organisations.
Working in Partnership
· To build and maintain relationships with local schools and community groups.
· To create and maintain Service Level Agreements with external providers.
· To perform other duties as reasonably assigned or under the authority of the senior management team.
· To work first team home matches when required, evenings and weekends.
· Promotion of a healthy lifestyle throughout all areas of the Trust delivery.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships across whole delivery team.
|Essential Skills||· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to think clearly, creatively, and imaginatively.
· Positive attitude and strong focus on teamwork.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of people and in a variety of formats and styles.
· Ability to support young people and adults and maintain positive relationships with them.
· Focused on achievement, targets, and continuous improvement.
· A high degree of flexibility and confidentially is needed.
· Have skill to plan and organise information.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Ability to work on own initiative.
· Competent IT skills.
· Full driving license and the use of a vehicle.
· Five GCSEs at grade C or above.
· FA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football or another Sport.
· Full UK Driving License.
· First Aid.
· Knowledge of Sport development organisations and pathways from engagement to participation.
· Clear understanding of the Football Community Trust framework and Blackpool FC Community Trust operations.
· Knowledge of sport and physical activity delivered in the local community.
· Knowledge and understanding of healthy lifestyle provision.
· Organising groups based on development plans.
· Experience of developing health related, community based activities.
· Monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
· Achieving set targets and outputs.
· Delivering sports / football sessions to a wide range of audiences, age groups and community settings.
· Experience delivering classroom style workshops to a wide range of audiences.
Other Comments – the job holder:
· Must keep up to date with new methods, strategies and programmes around Physical Activity and Health and undertake any necessary internal or external training in accordance with company procedure/policies.
· Will be required to demonstrate positive attitudes and values towards others and work in a non-discriminatory way.
· Relevant Degree Level Qualification or equivalent experience.
|Blackpool FC Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role involves the supervision of and work with children and young people or vulnerable adults and therefore you will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and clearance for work in football by The FA. As such, this post is exempt for the rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
As Blackpool FC Community Trust is a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstance we welcome all applications. We want everyone to feel valued and included within the organisation in order to achieve their full potential. Blackpool FC Community Trust is opposed to any form of discrimination and commits itself to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.